all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* package-autoremove and package-directory-list
@ 2017-03-08 17:10 Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2017-03-08 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have some elisp packages that I manage manually, so I simply put the
directory containing them into 'package-directory-list.

When doing list-packages, they show up as "external".
No problems here.

However, today I tried to run package-autoremove and it seems to be
willing to autoremove external packages as well.

Somehow I'd improve 'package--removable-packages to consider system and
external packages as "needed". You clearly cannot remove a system
package as a regular user, and it's likely to be the same for external
packages.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-08 17:10 UTC | newest]