Stefan Monnier writes: >> Okay, this is what I was confused about. I have to populate the branch >> with the code from the existing github repo, obviously I'm not just >> copying files in there, I need to clone the repo into it somehow. The >> README says: > >> git clone --reference .. --single-branch --branch externals/PACKAGE $(git >> config remote.origin.url) PACKAGE > >> Though I can't tell from the README if that's meant to be the command to >> add an external to ELPA, or just pull down an existing external and look >> at it. Anyway, running that command just gets me: > > "git clone" doesn't modify any existing repository, so that can't be the > command that adds a branch to a repository. > >> How do I populate the branch? > > IIRC it's something like > > git push gnuelpa master:externals/ebdb > > assuming you've configured your local clone of ebdb with something like > > git remote add gnuelpa @git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs/elpa.git Aha! Thank you, that's what I was missing. It seems to have worked, I guess I'll know for sure when the package gets built. Assuming all goes well, can I push this documentation patch to ELPA? Eric