joaotavora@gmail.com (João Távora) writes: > Lele Gaifax writes: > >> Speaking of which, while reading the -proc source I found recipes for Perl and >> PHP, is there any interest in out-of-the-box Python equivalents? > > Very much so, but please not based on flymake-proc.el, rather the new > API. > > If your Python interpreter/compiler provides a syntax check tool that > can read from stdin, such a thing can be done in little code. > > For an example, see my reply to Simen Heggestøyl in a parallel thread > where I provide a simple but effective Ruby backend. Thank you, I posted the solution I'm currently testing in that thread: let me know if/how can I contribute it (removing my "esk/" prefix, of course). I'm attaching the copy-edits diff: it includes your suggested rephrase. I found the docstrings for flymake-goto-{next,previous}-error somewhat confusing: (defun flymake-goto-next-error (&optional n filter interactive) "Go to Nth next Flymake error in buffer matching FILTER. Interactively, always move to the next error. Interactively, and with a prefix arg, skip any diagnostics with a severity less than ‘:warning’. ... with that double reference to "interactively", but I didn't touch those, as it may very well be my inability to get the right sense... Thanks again, ciao, lele.