Hi, Kaushal Modi writes: > On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:34 AM Angel de Vicente wrote: > >> but right now I'm using Ivy >> (http://oremacs.com/swiper/) and if possible I would like to avoid >> installing Helm just for the integration with Recoll (plus, I'm not sure >> if it will clash somehow with the installed Ivy?). >> > > You will find Ivy-backend based plugins in the counsel library. About your > question specific to Ivy+Recoll, it's already out there by the Ivy author > himself: https://oremacs.com/2015/07/27/counsel-recoll/ Funny, I had seen that webpage already and I tried to use the function in there, but it was giving an error (Error 127, whatever that is), but then I searched in the counsel.el file in my current version, and the function counsel-recoll is already defined there! Good, so with a fresh Emacs (I was overriding the counsel-recoll function) it works, but is not very convenient for my needs. counsel-recoll will give a dynamic list of files that match your search, and then you have to open the file and perform a search (with swiper, for example) to see if that was the stuff you were looking for (see the attached file counsel-recoll.png). But for this sort of thing, I think that it is nicer to have a buffer with the files where matches are found and with some context given. This is, for example, the type of output I get when doing a multi-occur find with Projectile (see attached file counsel-recoll-mo.png), and if possible I would like to try and get something like that, which I think it will more useful. Thanks,