all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Basic question about autoload function
@ 2017-12-06 18:55 Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-12-06 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw

Hello,

I have recently realized that

  (autoload #'foo-fn "bar-pkg")

works even if foo-fn is *not* defined inside bar-pkg. The documentation
also doesn't say that it has to be that way.

So I was just pleasantly surprised that that did the right thing. I looked
at src/eval.c to confirm if that was the case (that it didn't matter if
foo-fn was or wasn't inside bar-pkg).. but I don't understand what's going
on in there (don't understand C).

Can someone confirm?
--

Kaushal Modi