Hello Nicholas, Nicholas Papadonis writes: > Is there an ELISP command that can be used in .emacs vs the command line > argument? Not that I could find in the documentation. It makes sense to not be possible; quoting from (info "(elisp) Startup Summary"): 11. It loads the library ‘site-start’[...] 12. It loads your init file[...]. Thus, even if it were such a Lisp expression it would be too late for its evaluation to have any effect.[1] Footnotes: [1] In the future however (and in principle), we might have a mechanism to make all Lisp computing reversible and then that would be possible.[2] [2] Granting your site-start doesn’t affect the external world in a irreversible way, of course. -- Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]