Drew Adams writes: >> The following binds "p" to backward-button, and "n" to forward-button >> in help-mode-map for more conveniently jumping between buttons in *Help* >> buffers. I have found myself constantly reaching for these in *Help* >> buffers after using helpful [0] for a while. > > We already have TAB and S-TAB. TAB has been > there forever, and S-TAB was added because it > was claimed to be "standard" or "conventional" > in some way. > > And TAB and S-TAB are the same keys we use in > Info (where `n' and `p' move forward/backward > among node siblings). > Thanks; I am already aware of those. > > Are we adding redundant keys now just because > someone gets used to them in some other app > or 3rd-party library? > No, we are discussing it. And I don't see anything inherently wrong with having more than one keybinding for a command; as is already the case for various other built-in commands. > > Nothing prevents a user from binding `n' and > `p' that way. And nothing prevents a library > from having a minor mode that binds them. > > And Emacs not binding them by default means > they remain available for something else in > the future. > Yes; these are valid criticisms. See my reply to Stefan. -- Amin Bandali Free Software activist | GNU maintainer & webmaster GPG: BE62 7373 8E61 6D6D 1B3A 08E8 A21A 0202 4881 6103 https://bandali.eu.org