Michael Heerdegen writes: > I'll install my suggested patch as well soon, sorry for the delay. Coming back to this: I've got a problem with the implementation: because eww retrieves asynchronously, jumping to the bookmark's position does not work, because when that is done, the buffer is not yet filled and rendered. I don't see a way to make this work that is not either an ugly hack or would involve changing and refactoring parts of the eww code. I don't really feel qualified. What would be needed at least would be to replace the hardcoded #'eww-render in the `url-retrieve' call in `eww' with a newly introduced variable `eww-render-function' I could bind. Or is there a better way? Here is what I have so far: