Tags: patch My temporary directory appears to always be littered with flymake files. The reason for this appears to be that the Elisp Flymake backend doesn't always clean up after itself, when it should. In the worst case I can run out of space and that can mess up a lot of things on a system. The below patch adds a check to the sentinel to do so. I was a bit paranoid and considered more process-states that might be necessary, but I hope that someone with a better understanding of the process interface will be able to help here. In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-04-18 built on icterid Repository revision: 7b1881682bfbd1ff83d47b88fa8cca22c0290c17 Repository branch: master Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000 System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Configured using: 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz LDFLAGS=-flto 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -pipe''