Philip Kaludercic writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >>> Cc: 57400@debbugs.gnu.org, Antoine Kalmbach >>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen >>> Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 21:06:57 +0200 >>> >>> Do many other VCs have commands to prepare patches like this? >> >> Hg and bzr do have such commands. > > Yes, and I would plan to implement it for these as well (even though I > have never used bzr). > >> Others should indeed run vc-diff, I >> think. > > That seem possible, but for that to work I will need a generic way to > detect the predecessor of a commit and extract a commit message. > Currently, I am not sure if this can be done. I had forgotten about `previous-revision', so that was easy and I decided to fall back to a generic subject as that can be easily revised: