Thierry Volpiatto writes: > Stefan Kangas writes: > >> Thierry Volpiatto writes: >> >>>> Do you have a recipe to reproduce this bug, starting from "emacs -Q"? >>> >>> I could reproduce from emacs -Q as described previously. >> >> I couldn't reproduce it using this recipe: >> >> 0. emacs -Q >> 1. C-h i g >> >> Are there any other steps required to reproduce it? > > I can't reproduce anymore now. > I think vanilla Emacs completing-read fails silently when an history var > is not initialized (correct me if I am wrong) i.e. it behave just like > if it were not defined. I also think that this is a bug in itself to not return an error when a completing-read is used with an history var not initialized (at least it should fail when hitting M-p). -- Thierry