Hello, maintainer of ob-python.el in Org-mode here. It would be very useful to ob-python, if python.el had a function that evaluated Python code and returned output, without inhibiting the output. So, this patch modifies `python-shell-send-string-no-output', adding an argument to show the output. I also rename it to `python-shell-send-string-return-output' since that is a more accurate name for the new behavior. The motivation is that ob-python already implements this in `org-babel-python-send-string', but we have noticed occasional issues with leaky prompts in our CI [1], and suspect that the `python-shell-send-string-no-output' implementation may be more robust. Also, in Org-mode we have a long term goal to be more modular and integrate better with the rest of Emacs [2]; and replacing custom ob-python code with python.el functionality would help with that. [1] https://list.orgmode.org/873506j7ky.fsf@localhost/ [2] https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/E1kIPh1-0001Lu-Rg@fencepost.gnu.org/