all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How can I find out what the site lisp dir is?
@ 2003-05-13 22:51 Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-05-13 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ditto..?

-Dan

* Re: How can I find out what the site lisp dir is?
       [not found] <mailman.6142.1052866904.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-05-14 12:12 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2003-05-14 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is no such thing as THE site lisp dir.

It's customary to have site lisp directories  in places such as:

$ locate site-lisp|sed -e s=site-lisp/.*=site-lisp= |sort -u

/usr/local/share/emacs/21.2/site-lisp
/usr/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/site-lisp
/usr/local/share/emacs/old-site-lisp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
/usr/local/src/emacs/emacs-21.2/site-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp

but they're are used only if put on the load-path by some code.

There is  this variable site-run-file  which indicate the name  of the
file to load site specific lisp.   You'll write in this file the paths
from  where   you  load  your   site-specific  code  (the   site  lisp
directories).

This file is  loaded using the load-path which is  hard wired into the
emacs executable:

[pascal@thalassa pascal]$ strings `which emacs`|grep site-lisp

/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/site-lisp:/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/leim:/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/lisp

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.