all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* html view mode?
@ 2007-03-22 14:41 ivowel
       [not found] ` <mailman.1292.1174633213.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: ivowel @ 2007-03-22 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear emacs experts---is there a minor mode for emacs html mode, that
allows me to see at least the major style elements rendered?

That is, instead of seeing <b>hi</b>, I would see a boldfaced hi that
I could then edit.  The mode wouldn't have to be fully comprehensive
(and I would want to easily switch from and to it), but it would be
nice if just the main styles were implemented (headers, lists, text
styles), and CSS can be fully ignored, too.

regards,

/iaw

* Re: html view mode?
@ 2007-03-23  6:58 ` Andreas Roehler
       [not found] ` <mailman.1292.1174633213.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Andreas Roehler @ 2007-03-23  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ivowel; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

What about to use w3m-buffer?

Andreas

ivowel@gmail.com schrieb:
> Dear emacs experts---is there a minor mode for emacs html mode, that
> allows me to see at least the major style elements rendered?
>
> That is, instead of seeing <b>hi</b>, I would see a boldfaced hi that
> I could then edit.  The mode wouldn't have to be fully comprehensive
> (and I would want to easily switch from and to it), but it would be
> nice if just the main styles were implemented (headers, lists, text
> styles), and CSS can be fully ignored, too.
>
> regards,
>
> /iaw

* Re: html view mode?
       [not found] ` <mailman.1292.1174633213.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-23  8:28   ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2007-03-23  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andreas Roehler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> What about to use w3m-buffer?
>
> Andreas
>
> ivowel@gmail.com schrieb:
>> Dear emacs experts---is there a minor mode for emacs html mode, that
>> allows me to see at least the major style elements rendered?
>>
>> That is, instead of seeing <b>hi</b>, I would see a boldfaced hi that
>> I could then edit.  The mode wouldn't have to be fully comprehensive
>> (and I would want to easily switch from and to it), but it would be
>> nice if just the main styles were implemented (headers, lists, text
>> styles), and CSS can be fully ignored, too.

And here, html-mode just does that.  For example, it puts the text
between <h1></h1> in bold underline, the text between  <h3></h3> in
italic underline, between <b></b> in bold, etc.

Have you font-lock-mode enabled?

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com