all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* further reading for new major modes: folding, ...
@ 2007-04-16 13:38 Peter Tury
From: Peter Tury @ 2007-04-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

as a response for my previous question ("font-lock-defaults doesn't
work??") you pointed me some very useful docs to read. Now I looked
through SampleMode and the major mode creation tutorial. I am happy to
see that (hopefully) indentaion won't be so hard as I expected.

Now: what about folding? Do you have some similar nice descriptions?
My language is similar to the sample wpdl in that it (mostly) uses
keyword pairs like X, ENDX to delimit sexp-s(?)...

I thought hideshow.el (hs-minor-mode) would be good, but I think I
have to write my-mode-forward-sexp function for this... I looked into
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en?CategoryHideStuff and saw
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/HideShow. Do you know about
an example for "non-parenthesis" languages?

Thanks again for your help in advance,

* Re: further reading for new major modes: folding, ...
       [not found] <mailman.2131.1176731403.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-04-17  7:33 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2007-04-17  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

() Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com>
() Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:38:10 +0200

   Do you know about
   an example for "non-parenthesis" languages?

vhdl mode does folding via hideshow.
its block delimiters are verbose, as well.

thi