all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: CEDET/senator kill the buffer-local value of isearch-search-fun-function
@ 2007-11-07 14:57 David PONCE
From: David PONCE @ 2007-11-07 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: zappo, cedet-devel

Hi,

> Ok, now I found the culprit by grepping all sources of the addon
> packages I use.  It is CEDET (1.0_pre4).  In senator.el there's some
> setting and killing of the buffer-local value of
> isearch-search-fun-function.  I deinstalled cedet, and now it works.
>
> Eric, can you have a look at this?

I committed a fix to senator.el in the CEDET CVS repository.
It would be great if you could test it and tell if it solves
the issue. Thanks for tracking this bug.

Sincerely,
David

* Re: CEDET/senator kill the buffer-local value of isearch-search-fun-function
@ 2007-11-08  9:13 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-08  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

David PONCE <da_vid@orange.fr> writes:

Hi David,

> I committed a fix to senator.el in the CEDET CVS repository.  It would
> be great if you could test it and tell if it solves the issue.

I cannot checkout the sources.  If I do exactly as the sourceforge
instructions say, the checkout fails with:

,----[ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cedet.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cedet co -P cedet ]
`----

> Thanks for tracking this bug.

I'm happy to help.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: CEDET/senator kill the buffer-local value of isearch-search-fun-function
@ 2007-11-08  9:15 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David PONCE; +Cc: zappo, cedet-devel, emacs-devel

David PONCE <da_vid@orange.fr> writes:

Hi David,

> I committed a fix to senator.el in the CEDET CVS repository.  It would
> be great if you could test it and tell if it solves the issue.

I cannot checkout the sources.  If I do exactly as the sourceforge
instructions say, the checkout fails with:

,----[ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cedet.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cedet co -P cedet ]
| U cedet/common/icons/tag-gt.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/tag-minus.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/tag-plus.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/tag-type.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/tag-v.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/tag.xpm
| U cedet/common/icons/unlock.xpm
| cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: Too many open files
| cvs checkout: cannot remove icons directory: Too many open files
| cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: Too many open files
`----

> Thanks for tracking this bug.

I'm happy to help.

Bye,
Tassilo

PS: Sorry for this resend, but I forgot to Cc the cedet devs and list...

* Re: CEDET/senator kill the buffer-local value of isearch-search-fun-function
@ 2007-11-08 15:47 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-08 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David PONCE; +Cc: zappo, cedet-devel, emacs-devel

David PONCE <da_vid@orange.fr> writes:

Hi David,

> I committed a fix to senator.el in the CEDET CVS repository.  It would
> be great if you could test it and tell if it solves the issue.

Ok, the sourceforge CVS works again and I installed the current HEAD.  I
tried to reproduce the problem using the same recipe, but it seems to
work now.  Thanks a lot for the quick fix.

Bye,
Tassilo