Hi, Correct me if emacs already has this functionality, but... I knocked up an xml generation (xmlgen, I have no imagination) tool that I think may be handy enough for inclusion. I only use it for basic stuff, but find I use it a lot: (xmlgen '(html (head (title "Hello")) (body :id "anid" :class "aclass" (h1 "Hello")))) => " Hello

Hello

" (The output isn't indented like that. It'll be on one line.) I expect there are a few modules in emacs itself that might benefit from it making big `format' statements more manageable (erm, and slower).