all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: ^M characters
@ 2008-10-23  9:49 roodwriter
From: roodwriter @ 2008-10-23  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Corey Foote <coreyfoote@hotmail.com> writes:

> I copied some text into an email buffer, but each line ends with
a funny
> colored character that looks like ^M. What are these characters?
How can I
> remove them without having to manually delete each one?  And how
can I
> insert one myself?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
> Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live
Hotmail. Try it

I'm lazy. I just copy the ^M and then uses M-x replace-regexp. I
paste (yank) the ^M into the command, hit <return> twice and let
it rip. All gone faster than you can read this.

Once upon a time I made a macro that did this, but I rarely get
Microsoft files anymore. (I use Linux.) They may have started out
as Microsoft, but e-mail programs seem to convert them better now.

Rod

[parent not found: <mailman.1834.1224707393.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* ^M characters
@ 2008-10-22 20:29 Corey Foote