all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* code markup in muse-mode
@ 2009-04-07 15:03 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2009-04-07 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hi folks,

i'm using muse mode via blog.el to publish to my wordpress blog.  i'd
like to have sections in 'code markup' as one sees e.g. in MoinMoin
wikis.  anyonw know offhand if there's a way to do that?  didn't notice
it on a quick look through the manual, but i could easily have missed
it.

thanks much,

matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price@utoronto.ca

* Re: code markup in muse-mode
       [not found] <mailman.4791.1239116616.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-04-08 10:11 ` Fabrice Niessen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4899.1239202228.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2009-04-08 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Matt,

> i'm using muse mode via blog.el to publish to my wordpress blog.  i'd
> like to have sections in 'code markup'.

Have a look at my site (currently completely done in Muse) to see if it
fulfills your needs.

In particular, check out http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/site-map.html#sec2.

Fabrice

Fabrice Niessen
Search the Web with "My Google Search Tools" on http://www.MyGooglest.com

* Re: code markup in muse-mode
@ 2009-04-08 14:50   ` Matt Price
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4899.1239202228.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Matt Price @ 2009-04-08 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 12:11 +0200, Fabrice Niessen wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> > i'm using muse mode via blog.el to publish to my wordpress blog.  i'd
> > like to have sections in 'code markup'.
>
> Have a look at my site (currently completely done in Muse) to see if it
> fulfills your needs.
>
> In particular, check out http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/site-map.html#sec2.

fabrice, that looks great! and it's more than I was hoping for.  next
question:  when you're writing an entry, what command do you use to tell
htmlize what language you're writing in?  so for instance, if I've
pasted a snippet of xorg.conf into my muse buffer, how does htmlize know
that this little snippet is in conf-mode?  Or if I have 3 or 4 lines of
bash commands, what do I tell htmlize to do?

thanks so much for your help,

matt

@ 2009-04-08 15:08     ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2009-04-08 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Matt,

Matt Price wrote:
> Fabrice Niessen wrote:
>>> i'm using muse mode via blog.el to publish to my wordpress blog. i'd like
>>> to have sections in 'code markup'.
>>
>> Have a look at my site (currently completely done in Muse) to see if it
>> fulfills your needs.
>>
>> In particular, check out http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/site-map.html#sec2.
>
> fabrice, that looks great! and it's more than I was hoping for. next
> question: when you're writing an entry, what command do you use to tell
> htmlize what language you're writing in? so for instance, if I've pasted a
> snippet of xorg.conf into my muse buffer, how does htmlize know that this
> little snippet is in conf-mode? Or if I have 3 or 4 lines of bash commands,
> what do I tell htmlize to do?

Somes real-life examples:

<src lang="sh">
sudo aptitude install firestarter
</src>

<include file="~/.emacs" markup="src" lang="emacs-lisp">

<src lang="shell-script">
whereis port
cd /usr/ports/<some-path>/port
make
cd work/port
make [-n] install [PREFIX=/usr/local/stow/port]
</src>

<src lang="emacs-lisp">
;; override output type `inline-css' used for htmlizing a region
(defun htmlize-region-for-paste (beg end)
  "Htmlize the region and return just the HTML as a string.
This forces the `css' style and only returns the HTML body, but
without the BODY tag. This should make it useful for inserting
the text to another HTML buffer."
  (let* ((htmlize-output-type 'css)  ; was `inline-css'
         (htmlbuf (htmlize-region beg end)))
    (unwind-protect
        (with-current-buffer htmlbuf
          (buffer-substring (plist-get htmlize-buffer-places 'content-start)
                            (plist-get htmlize-buffer-places 'content-end)))
      (kill-buffer htmlbuf))))
</src>

See for more info in the manual.