Harald Hanche-Olsen writes: > + Richard Stallman : > >> We need to delete the "provider implementation" from Emacs 23.1. > > Agreed, I think ... One of those menu items is Services -> Emacs.app > -> Send Email to Selected Address, which works. On the other hand, > what does NOT work, but really SHOULD (this falls into the "glaring > deficiency" category), is to let emacs handle a mailto: URL. > > On the mac, one can declare that application A should handle URL > scheme U. By default, mailto: URLs are handled by Mail.app, so that > clicking on a mailto: link on a web page causes Mail.app to open a > new draft message addressed to the given address. If I change this to > let emacs handle it, clicking on a mailto: link does activate emacs, > but nothing more happens. > > This is a "glaring deficiency" because, after all, clicking on mailto: > links on web pages is quite common, and if emacs cannot handle this, > we discourage users from using emacs for their mail. > > Should I file a bug report requesting this feature? What I use is a helper script that looks like