all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* docview mode problem
@ 2010-06-08 10:34 chenyu
From: chenyu @ 2010-06-08 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hi,
When reading pdf file in docview mode, I found the command (n) will turn to
buttom part of next page. Is it possible to adjust to the top part of next
page for avoiding repeated command (c-p).

chenyu

* Re: docview mode problem
@ 2010-06-08 16:01 ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2010-06-08 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"chenyu" <yu.chen@sh-rfid.com> writes:

> hi,
> When reading pdf file in docview mode, I found the command (n) will turn to
> buttom part of next page. Is it possible to adjust to the top part of next
> page for avoiding repeated command (c-p).
>

> chenyu

There is a recent topic about this behaviour.

Using Space instead of n is one solution.

-cp

* Re: docview mode problem
@ 2010-12-10  7:15 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-12-10  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"chenyu" <yu.chen@sh-rfid.com> writes:

> When reading pdf file in docview mode, I found the command (n) will
> turn to buttom part of next page. Is it possible to adjust to the top
> part of next page for avoiding repeated command (c-p).

n/p move forward exactly one page, that is, from top to top or bottom to
bottom.  If you want to read a document sequentially, simply use SPC
(and DEL) for scrolling.  That will scroll about half of the visible
area and switch pages, if you've reached the bottom (or top) of a page.

Bye,
Tassilo