On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:58:47 +0200 Stefan Monnier wrote: SM> Place a space *before* the open-paren and around infix operators. ... SM> Put the comment-close at the end of the previous line. ... SM> We use /*..*/ comments, or "#if 0 ... #endif". ... SM> This should mention `gnutls-handshake' rather than gnutls_handshake(). ... SM> Please use an enum (and use it for the type of the gnutls_initstage SM> field, of course). ... SM> No need for spaces after the open and before the close paren. ... SM> Please finish your comments with a full-stop (and follow it by 2 spaces). ... SM> Don't overflow the 80th column. All done. Some were oversights, some my stupidity... Sorry for the annoyance. SM> BTW, for functions whose are meant to be "internal" (e.g. only expected SM> to be used via a wrapper in gnutls.el) you can use a "gnutls--" prefix. SM> This is not a widely used convention in Elisp, but some packages try to SM> use it. >> +#define GNUTLS_STAGE_CRED_SET 5 >> +#define GNUTLS_STAGE_HANDSHAKE_CANDO 5 SM> Why is that the same value as GNUTLS_STAGE_CRED_SET? Because you can't handshake before credentials are set. I think that's the best way to express it (rather than a GNUTLS_CAN_HANDSHAKE macro or some such). >> +#ifdef HAVE_GNUTLS >> +/* Defined in gnutls.c */ >> +extern void syms_of_gnutls (void); >> +#endif SM> Why here rather than in gnutls.h? ... SM> Also gnutls.c and gnutls.h need a GPL notice at the beginning. SM> See other files for the usual boilerplate. Fixed. That also removed lisp.h from the patch. I also added a convenience gnutls-error-string function so users can interpret GnuTLS errors. Almost ready for the trunk commit, just need to get the handshake working (I keep getting E_AGAIN). Ted