all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#12750: Highlighting text no longer works
@ 2012-10-28 16:16 Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 2012-10-28 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 12750

For many years, I have selected text and then pasted it where I wanted.
There is a new feature in emacs:  selected text is no longer in the
pasteable buffer.  I must move my hand from the mouse to the keyboard
to copy the text and then back to the mouse to paste it.  This is a bug.
Pending a fix in the next emacs release, how do I work around this problem?
Thank you!

$ rpm -q -a|grep -i emacs
emacs-24.2-15.8.2.x86_64
go-emacs-1.0.2-1.4.1.x86_64