all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Trouble with texinfo-multiple-files-update
@ 2013-06-02 12:14 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2013-06-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs!

I'm adding a new node to the Emacs manual.  I've typed in the new text
and updated the local menus inside search.texi with C-c C-u RET
`texinfo-make-menu'.  No great problem.

Then I come to update the main menu in the top file emacs.texi.  I was
unfortunate enough to try out C-u M-x texinfo-multiple-files-update.
This has loaded 44 .texi files needlessly into my Emacs, marking almost
all of them as "changed", though I suspect these "changes" are all null.

So now I've got the hassle of getting rid of these 44 "changed" buffers,
when all I really wanted to do was update the main menu.  It would have
been less work just to update the main menu by hand.

Why is there no decent command to update the main menu?

What do other people do when they want to update the main menu?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).