all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff pause after finishing session
@ 2014-04-29 16:47 Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2014-04-29 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

When I use ediff to merge conflicts between two files, I will finish the session by typing 'q' and then 'y' to confirm that I am finished.

But then there is a 3 second wait before asking for confirmation to save the buffer (which in itself is superfluous at this stage).

The pause is frustrating (especially when I have lots of trivial file merges to make).

Does anybody have any experience in skipping the pause? (or at least explain why it happens and why it cannot be disabled).

Best regards,
Sam