all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ding doing nothing
@ 2015-01-09 18:38 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-01-09 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

M-: (ding) does not make any sound (I use Ubuntu Linux and did not mess
around with sound setting).  I can hear no sound in the graphical Emacs
interface as well as in the terminal (both a terminal program under
X and the text mode).  What might be the cause?  Visible bell works just
right (if I turn it on, that is.)  Of course, I did my checks with
emacs -Q.

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski