Dirk-Jan C. Binnema [2016-02-04 13:57:36+02] wrote: > Regardless, for the purpose of searching, my personal preference would > be to make folding rather inclusive; I don't really care about the > exact rules languages have come up for what letters are considered > "the same", I just care for what I, as a user, would find the easiest > to match. > That would also get my vote as a reasonable default for case-folding > in searches. But I'll happily take any default, as long as there's a > way to get the above behavior, preferably without having to change my > locale. I think that just a global setting and easy switch like M-s in isearch prompt is enough. I fear that any locale or language based magic or intelligence is over-engineering and may cause annoying surprises. Unexpected intelligence can be harmful too. -- /// Teemu Likonen - .-.. // // PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///