Glenn Morris writes: > Nicolas Petton wrote: > >> Glenn Morris writes: >> >>>> I suspect the main problem is going be that was previously eg "files.el" >>>> in the ChangeLog is now "lisp/files.el", which is going to make >>>> authors.el think it refers to two separate files. >> >> I updated etc/AUTHORS last week with authors.el, and double-checked >> this, but I couldn't find any issue with the generated file. > > I'm surprised, but maybe authors-canonical-file-name means it works > itself out? If a test with a dummy tree with only two separate > ChangeLogs, one in lisp/ containing an entry for "files.el", and > one in top-level with an entry for "lisp/files.el", results in an > AUTHORS file with just a single changed file, then maybe it all Just > Works... It seems to be the case, for instance, in lisp/ChangeLog.17 contains: 2015-04-05 Pete Williamson (tiny-change) Fix .emacs and .emacs.d/init file recursion problem for NaCl * files.el (file-truename): Add NaCl to the exception list ms-dos uses. and ChangeLog also has many references to lisp/files.el, like the following one: 2016-01-16 Artur Malabarba * lisp/files.el (dir-locals--all-files): Respect absolute file-names * lisp/help-fns.el (describe-variable): Fix a left-over parenthesis The resulting etc/AUTHORS file contains the following entries: Artur Malabarba: wrote character-fold-tests.el faces-tests.el isearch-tests.el let-alist.el simple-test.el sort-tests.el tabulated-list-test.el and changed package.el isearch.el character-fold.el files.el tabulated-list.el package-test.el faces.el files-x.el menu-bar.el replace.el align.el bytecomp.el help-fns.el cl-lib-tests.el custom.el custom.texi map.el simple.el subr-tests.el variables.texi bindings.el and 37 other files [...] Pete Williamson: changed configure.ac files.el leim/Makefile.in lib-src/Makefile.in lisp/Makefile.in Nico