all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 400 Bad Request
@ 2018-07-15 20:27 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2018-07-15 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Several of the websites are giving me the following error when
connecting from EWW. I am not quite sure the cause or the
resolution.

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

This happens regardless of when I try to connect from HTTP or
HTTPS.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member

* Re: 400 Bad Request
       [not found] <mailman.3618.1531686486.1292.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2018-07-15 22:00 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2018-07-15 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Brett Gilio wrote:

> Several of the websites are giving me the
> following error when connecting from EWW.
> I am not quite sure the cause or
> the resolution.
>
> 400 Bad Request
>
> The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
>
> This happens regardless of when I try to
> connect from HTTP or HTTPS.
>
> Thoughts would be appreciated.

What websites exactly?

And I take it this doesn't happen with other
browsers than EWW?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: 400 Bad Request
@ 2018-07-15 22:18   ` Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2018-07-15 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emanuel Berg; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Emanuel Berg writes:
> What websites exactly?
>
> And I take it this doesn't happen with other
> browsers than EWW?

I am going to take it was a result of me being on a network while
I was
away from my home. When I returned home and used my own network,
it
works fine.

I am not sure what happened, but I am going to say this issue is
resolved in the mean time.

Thank you for your attempt, Emanuel.

--

@ 2018-07-16  9:41     ` Andrew Savonichev
From: Andrew Savonichev @ 2018-07-16  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:18 AM, Brett Gilio <brettg@posteo.net> wrote:
> I am going to take it was a result of me being on a network while I was
> away from my home. When I returned home and used my own network, it
> works fine.

Sounds like an Emacs bug with https proxy[1], which was fixed in
Emacs 26.1 release.

  [1]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11788

--
Andrew