"Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > Sounds like you probably have some stale *.elc files lying around[1]. > Try deleting all lisp/gnus/*.elc files before invoking 'make', or just > invoke 'make bootstrap' for a more thorough rebuild. I did a `make distclean` and `find . -name '*.elc' -delete`, pulled again and did a `make bootstrap`. I had to throw away ~/.newsrc.eld (and maybe also ~/.newsrc-dribble) and now Gnus is working again. Thanks for the quick reply. I was depending on `make` and `configure.sh` to ensure all outdated files would get updated, but in this case it was just a no longer existing file that was lingering around as .elc? --- Toon