Hi I am running GNU emacs master from a couple of weeks ago. I very frequently use list-registers (and better-registers to save these registers (require 'better-registers) ;Version:1.175 (better-registers-install-save-registers-hook) (load better-registers-save-file) better-registers-save-file is a variable defined in ‘better-registers.el’. Its value is "~/.emacsregisters.el" Now the point is when I restart emacs, sometimes it complains about the content of that register file. I solve this issue by deleting this specific register entry, it seems somehow a problem that is connected with the fonts used. Frankely the entry looks very boated and containing unnecessary information (I have seen also bloated information in my .abbrev but not to this extend May be somebody who is acquainted with this sort of information give me a hint. Here comes the bug trace ,---- | | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#" 1 0) | read(#) | edebug--read(read #) | apply(edebug--read read #) | #f(advice-wrapper :around read edebug--read)(#) | eval-buffer(# nil "/home/oub/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el" nil t) ; Reading at buffer position 27963 | load-with-code-conversion("/home/oub/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el" "/home/oub/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el" nil nil) | load("/home/oub/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el" nil nil t) | load-file("~/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el") | funcall-interactively(load-file "~/ALLES/HGs/init_files/.emacsregisters.el") | call-interactively(load-file nil nil) | command-execute(load-file) | `---- Caused by: file attached Regards Uwe Brauer -- I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine. I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine's military. I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT. I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.