Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 01:08:36 +0600 >> From: Akib Azmain Turja via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, >> the Swiss army knife of text editors" >> >> I tried to upgrade to the commit >> 1772d88c1fa811eee235ba9b8b7584bb000ac293 (made yesterday). But after >> installing it, I tried to run to and got various sorts of native >> compilation errors. I can at least use it the terminal, but starting >> with EXWM makes it crash (I don't who is the culprit: EXWM or GTK+). >> >> This also happened to me before when I tried to upgrade, but I didn't do >> anything, because I'm lazy. >> >> I have reverted to my old Emacs (this) after I encountered the bug. >> >> I clearly remember two things appearing repeatedly in the *Warning* >> buffer (in terminal), the first one "libgccjit.so: error: error invoking >> gcc driver", and second one "FILE: Error: Internal native compiler error >> failed to compile." >> >> The *Async-native-compile-log* buffer says that ld can't find >> crtbeginS.o, -lgcc, -lgcc_s and -lgcc_s again. And the message again: >> "libgccjit.so: error: error invoking gcc driver". > > Does this happen _after_ you build Emacs? That is, you are saying > that the *.eln files produced as part of the Emacs build were compiled > successfully, but when you then start the Emacs you built, it is > unable to perform any native compilation? Yes, Emacs builds fine. The problem occurs at runtime. > > In any case, I don't see it here. > > Could it be that there was some change in your GCC/Binutis/libgccjit > installation in parallel with updating from the Emacs Git repository? > That's what the error messages seem to convey. > > > -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."