Emanuel Berg writes: > Can't we, i.e. GNU, offer a server where you can run FOSS > programs that offer services? > > Wouldn't that be "their" software to people who use it? > > They could improve the software like any other FOSS project > and, if necessary even, fork it to also run on the > server alongside. This is exactly what a French non-profit organisation (Framasoft [1]) does, they offer multiple services with FOSS software such as: - Framadate (simple polls), - Framaform (alternative to Google Forms), - Framapad (alternative to Google Docs), - Mobilizon (event plannifier), And quite a few others, I’ll let you check the list of their services [2]. They are even the main developers of both PeerTube, an AGPL video service on the Fediverse, and of Mobilizon which I mentioned above and which is also AGPL. [1] [2] -- Lucien “Phundrak” Cartier-Tilet (Français) (English) Sent from GNU/Emacs