all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cond* status?
@ 2024-06-10 11:38 Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2024-06-10 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

What is the current status on cond*?

* Re: cond* status?
@ 2024-06-17  2:42 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2024-06-17  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfred M. Szmidt; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > What is the current status on cond*?

I am ready to show people a version to try.
I can do by by checking it in, or by posting it on this list.

* Re: cond* status?
@ 2024-06-17  9:07   ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2024-06-17  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: Alfred M. Szmidt, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > What is the current status on cond*?
>
> I am ready to show people a version to try.
> I can do by by checking it in, or by posting it on this list.

I think the best way to get feedback would be to post it to the list.
By checking it in, just before the master branch is going to be cut for
the next release might make it difficult to adjust things in the long
run.

--
	Philip Kaludercic on peregrine

* Re: cond* status?
@ 2024-06-18 19:02     ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2024-06-18 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: Richard Stallman, Alfred M. Szmidt, emacs-devel

>> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
>> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
>> [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
>>
>>   > What is the current status on cond*?
>>
>> I am ready to show people a version to try.
>> I can do by by checking it in, or by posting it on this list.
>
> I think the best way to get feedback would be to post it to the list.
> By checking it in, just before the master branch is going to be cut for
> the next release might make it difficult to adjust things in the long
> run.

I agree with Philip would be ideal to have it as a patch (or a dedicated
git branch).

Thanks

  Andrea

* Re: cond* status?
@ 2024-06-18 19:08       ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2024-06-18 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Corallo, Philip Kaludercic
  Cc: Richard Stallman, Alfred M. Szmidt, emacs-devel

Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>>> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
>>> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
>>> [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
>>>
>>>   > What is the current status on cond*?
>>>
>>> I am ready to show people a version to try.
>>> I can do by by checking it in, or by posting it on this list.
>>
>> I think the best way to get feedback would be to post it to the list.
>> By checking it in, just before the master branch is going to be cut for
>> the next release might make it difficult to adjust things in the long
>> run.
>
> I agree with Philip would be ideal to have it as a patch (or a dedicated
> git branch).

I think the ship has sailed for getting cond* into Emacs 30 at this
point, but in any case a patch or a branch is better to give people time
to comment before it lands.

* Re: cond* status?
@ 2024-06-27  7:43   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-06-27  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: ams, emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 22:42:54 -0400
>
>   > What is the current status on cond*?
>
> I am ready to show people a version to try.
> I can do by by checking it in, or by posting it on this list.

I think it will be best if you install this now on the master branch.

Thanks.