[சனி மே 18, 2024] Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Stefan Monnier >> Cc: visuweshm@gmail.com, 70820@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 12:27:06 -0400 >> >> >> These are properties which the major mode (unconditionally) added, so it >> >> doesn't seem unfriendly to remove them unconditionally when switching to >> >> an unrelated major mode. >> > Yes, but how does compilation-mode know the other major-mode is >> > "unrelated"? It could be very related, as this discussion >> > demonstrates. >> >> If it's related it has access to internals, so it can so things like >> disabling `compilation--remoave-properties`. > > OK, so my suggestion to Visuwesh is the best way of dealing with this. > Fine by me. Sorry for the long delay. I finally got the time to work on this properly. The attached patch uses a major-mode, akin to wdired-mode like Stefan suggested in another message. This side-steps previous issues with buffer-local variables and compilation--remove-properties. If this approach is okay, I will work on updating the documentation, etc.