all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* MySQL and emacs
@ 2003-02-12  8:23 Julian Saunders
From: Julian Saunders @ 2003-02-12  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm new to emacs and I'm trying to run MySQL from emacs.  Can someone
please provide me with step by step information to do this.  I'm
confused by the info. I've found on the www thus far and everything I've
tried has not worked.  I'm using emacs 21.2.2 on  Win98.

Thanks,
Julian

-----------------------------------
Julian Saunders
School of Psychology
University of Natal
Durban
4001
South Africa
saundersj@nu.ac.za
Mobile: 082 722 0939

* Re: MySQL and emacs
       [not found] <mailman.1839.1045038210.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-02-13  3:19 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2003-02-13  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Julian> Hi, I'm new to emacs and I'm trying to run MySQL from emacs.
 Julian> Can someone please provide me with step by step information
 Julian> to do this.  I'm confused by the info. I've found on the www
 Julian> thus far and everything I've tried has not worked.  I'm using
 Julian> emacs 21.2.2 on Win98.

 Julian> Thanks, Julian

 Julian> ----------------------------------- Julian Saunders School of
 Julian> Psychology University of Natal Durban 4001 South Africa
 Julian> saundersj@nu.ac.za Mobile: 082 722 0939

Use sql-mode - it comes with emacs 21.

type

M-x sql-mysql

which will open a interactive sql session in a buffer connected to
mysql (you will be prompted for user, password and database.

In another buffer open a new file. type

M-x sql-mode

To put the buffer into sql mode. Now you can enter sql commands in
this buffer and the output can be sent to the interactive sql buffer
via keystrokes or via the menu at the top of the frame.

The command

M-x sql-help

should give you some more info on sql mode.

Tim

--
Tim Cross