all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Slickedit features in Emacs?
@ 2003-05-21 18:59 Henrik Jönsson
From: Henrik Jönsson @ 2003-05-21 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just was on a demo for Visual SlickEdit here at my company. I am
impressed.
My initial question was of course if the functions in Slickedit exists
in emacs. Some of them exists I know.

* Autocompletion of expressions. When the user write "if " it expands
automatically into a full if template. Can this be done with
skeletons?

* "Intellisense". I know that semantic can do something like this, but
does it work for everyday use? Has anyone tried it?

* Dynamic Tagging. Go to the function declaration etc. I haven't used
tags that much.

I don't want to abandon emacs because I use it for calendar, diary,
notes, etc. But for programming Slickedit is very interresting.

Regards

Henrik