Richard Stallman writes: > [...] > > Can you issue commands by email too? This is not about the Savannah bug tracker, but as mentioned briefly elsewhere in this thread the Debian bug tracker can be controlled by email. I'm a Debian user and have submitted a couple of bugs that way. Bugs can fully controlled (opened, closed, merged, etc.) using email. The control messages look like this (I picked bug #100000 as a random example): reassign 100000 xlibs merge 100000 96562 retitle 100000 xlibs: [xkb] Another alt keys not -> meta keysyms report thanks These commands are included in the email body and sent to control@bugs.debian.org. All comments and changes to a bug is available online http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=100000 and the submitter and package maintainers are sent email copies of the changes. I'm sure there are people here who can describe the Debian bug tracker much better than I can, but I hope the above gives the idea. Much more information can be found here: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ People how know the bug tracker better can probably also comment on whether or not it can be used outside Debian at all, or if it is too heavily tied to the Debian infrastructure to be useful elsewhere. -- Martin Geisler Do your secure multi-party computations (SMPC) with VIFF, the Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework. Download at http://viff.dk/