all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* prettifying output from running sql commands in sql-mode
@ 2008-05-20 18:03 matal
From: matal @ 2008-05-20 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

I just started using sql-mode with an oracle database (sql-oracle). The
output from running a sql command looks just like what i would have gotten
using SQL*Plus - wrapped lines, and not very easy to read generally for long
records.

I saw a suggestion on the web about setting linesize to 9999 and turning on
horz scrolling.
Setting linesize to 9999 helps but when I try to turn on horizontal
scrolling ('toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar'), I get an error message
"Horizontal scroll bars aren't implemented yet".

QUESTION - Any suggestions on how to pretty-fy the output from running SQL
commands? Perhaps a solution to the horizontal scrollbar problem I face
above, or some other solution?

[using Emacs 22.2.1 on Windows XP]

Thank you very much in advance!
matal