all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* getting emacs to use GUI mode
@ 2008-07-21 22:30 Thr4wn
From: Thr4wn @ 2008-07-21 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to force emacs to use the X display? I read that
setting DISPLAY env var will do that, but that does not seem to work
-- its value is already set to ":0.0", but emacs still runs in CLI
mode. There also isn't any kind of error or warning, it just simply
loads in CLI mode.

Would a greater understanding of X11 server/client system be required
to solve this problem, or am I still missing something else?

I am using...

Debian Etch
gnome-terminal
emacs 22.1.1