all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#975: ffap C-x d vs file[names]like[this]
@ 2008-09-13  5:40 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2008-09-13  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

ffap's dired-at-point can't deal with filenames like.
$ touch 'zzzzzzz[AB]'
$ emacs -Q -f ffap-bindings .
C-x d z z TAB RET
...no such file or directory...

I.e., what we expand with TAB, we can't see with RET.
Please make it behave just like if we didn't use -f ffap-bindings.
emacs-version "22.2.1"

* bug#975: ffap C-x d vs file[names]like[this]
@ 2008-09-16 22:38 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-09-16 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 975

tags 975 notabug
close 975
stop

> touch 'zzzzzzz[AB]'
> $ emacs -Q -f ffap-bindings .
> C-x d z z TAB RET
> ...no such file or directory...

Repeat the example with `mkdir' rather than touch.

You have called the "find a directory" command with an argument which
is not a directory, after enabling a feature that tries to guess what
you want. It does its best to find a matching directory, but since
there are none it fails.