all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* notes/bugtracker: rmail-/message-dont-reply-to-names
@ 2008-12-22 20:56 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-12-22 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

,----[ admin/notes/bugtracker ]
| ** How do I reply to an existing bug report?
| [...]
| Do NOT send a separate copy to the bug list, since this may generate a
| new report. The only time to send mail to the bug list is to create a
| new report.
|
| Gnus users can add "\\(emacs-pretest-bug\\|bug-gnu-emacs\\)@gnu\\.org"
| to message-dont-reply-to-names.
`----

In fact `message-dont-reply-to-names' is initialized from
`rmail-dont-reply-to-names'.

Should the default value of `rmail-dont-reply-to-names' contain the
addresses of bug lists?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: notes/bugtracker: rmail-/message-dont-reply-to-names
@ 2008-12-22 22:43 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-12-22 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

On Mon, Dec 22 2008, Reiner Steib wrote:

> Should the default value of `rmail-dont-reply-to-names' contain the
> addresses of bug lists?

It shouldn't since the default `nil' (= "Your Name") is more useful.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)