all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mtorus and buffer switching
@ 2010-03-15  1:47 zin
From: zin @ 2010-03-15  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Trying to find a way to quickly organize and switch between multiple
buffers.  I found buffer-ring.el and mTorus.el.

Buffer-ring.el has problems with deleting rings and elements.  I like
mTorus, but I cannot get it working with GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (powerpc-
apple-darwin9.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0).  Presently, my keybindings
are set to cnrl rather than shift because I use org-mode alot.  I can
create a ring, I can create elements, but when I use C-right arrow to
switch to the nephew (or next) element, nothing happens.  The element
names will show in the bottom of the emacs window, and C-right or left
arrow toggles between the buffers, I cannot select the buffers.  When
I toggle to the buffer I want and hit enter, the buffer in my emacs
windows remains the same.

Does anyone know how to switch to the different buffers in the mTorus
environment.

* Re: mtorus and buffer switching
@ 2010-03-15 10:07 ` Stefan Kamphausen
From: Stefan Kamphausen @ 2010-03-15 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

as I am the developer of mtorus (the original version you can get from
http://www.skamphausen.de/cgi-bin/ska/mtorus not the one from Berlios,
that is) you might want to get in touch with me by email.  Afterwards
you can post possible solution here.

(format "%s@%s.%s" "ska" "skamphausen" "de")
;-)

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)