Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: David Kastrup >> Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 17:49:35 +0200 >> >> Uh, with the current version of Emacs >> >> GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) of 2010-05-05 on lola >> >> I tried some copy&paste of Yiddish text including diacriticals into >> Emacs, with the result that without bidi-display-reordering set, the >> diacriticals were not composed with the letters, and with >> bidi-display-reordering set, they were composed just fine. > > Please show a recipe to reproduce this. Compositions with reordering > is something that wasn't coded yet (I think that's what Handa-san > works on now), so I'm not sure how this could work. In any case, > compositions without reordering ought to work. Copy and paste from into a buffer. Pasting the language is called לשון־אַשכּנז (loshn-ashkenaz with bidi-display-reordering unset, I get