all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* auth-source.el request: NS port needs Mac OS X keychain functions
@ 2011-03-12  4:24 Ben Key
From: Ben Key @ 2011-03-12  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tzz, Emacs-devel

Hello,

I am willing to tackle this task if no one else wants to.  However, I am
going to be away on a business trip next week and I will not be able to get
to it until March 21.

Just let me know if I should work on this task.

* auth-source.el request: NS port needs Mac OS X keychain functions
@ 2011-03-12  0:06 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-03-12  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'd like to add an auth-source.el backend that supports the Mac OS X
keychain.  The NS port needs the Mac OS X keychain functions:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Security/Conceptual/keychainServConcepts/03tasks/tasks.html

in order to be better integrated with the OS-level security in Mac OS X,
especially for users that want to share passwords between other Mac OS X
applications and Emacs.

Can we please get SecKeychainItemModifyAttributesAndData(),
SecKeychainAddInternetPassword(), SecKeychainFindInternetPassword(),
SecKeychainAddGenericPassword(), and SecKeychainFindGenericPassword()
added?  I don't know that platform well so it would take me a while; it
seems like a fairly simple task for someone more expert (and there's
full source code on that page).

Thanks
Ted