all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs server
@ 2012-02-17  9:16 Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2012-02-17  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello list,
I try to run emacs24 as a server on ArchLinux, and it works with M-x
server-start inside a runnung emacs. When I start emacs with --daemon, I
receive the message that the daemon is started, and I see how the
load-files are loaded, and finally control is given back to the shell
process. However, emacsclient does not find a socket, and top doesn't
show an emacs process running.

Here are my start scripts:

daemon:
,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| #!/bin/sh
| exec emacs --daemon=emacs1  -l  ~/.emacs.d/emacs24-starter-kit/init.el

client:
| #!/bin/sh
| exec emacsclient  -c

What might be the problem?