all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* NEWS file note
@ 2012-04-05  4:31 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-04-05  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

As we are branching soon, I have removed the +++/--- lines from the NEWS
file.  If you add a new NEWS entry (which should be unlikely at this
point in the pretest), please ensure that it is documented in the manual
that is necessary.  Thanks.

* RE: NEWS file note
@ 2012-04-05 13:29 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-04-05 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Chong Yidong', emacs-devel

> If you add a new NEWS entry (which should be unlikely at this
> point in the pretest)...

Why unlikely?

"At this point in the pretest", there are still open bugs reporting missing NEWS
info.  (Not to mention lots of outstanding Emacs 24 bugs and thousands of
outstanding bugs total.)