Yuan Luo writes: > Hi, > > I am annoyed by the behavior that out of a sudden emacs set > marker on current cursor point and if I go to the end of line or > go to the end of buffer, it selects the regions and by the time I > type, that region is cut & gone!  > > I want to change its behavior so unless I press Ctrl+@, emacs > never sets marker itself, how do I do that? These markers are useful, but you have probably configured something else so that these markers become active. Figure out what's that, and disable that. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591