all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs session bootstrap tweaks
@ 2013-05-14 16:12 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2013-05-14 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Help

  Hello,

in case somebody is interested, I have described the top of my init file
in the blog below:

http://www.didierverna.net/blog/index.php?post/2013/05/14/Emacs-session-bootstrap-tweaks

That part of the file is devoted to modify the session bootstrap
process, that is, some things that are normally done very early. It
mostly deals with the package infrastructure but also contains a couple
of other tricks that some people may consider useful.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

* Re: Emacs session bootstrap tweaks
@ 2013-05-18  2:23 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-05-18  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Didier Verna <didier@didierverna.net> writes:

>   Hello,
>
> in case somebody is interested, I have described the top of my init file
> in the blog below:
>
> http://www.didierverna.net/blog/index.php?post/2013/05/14/Emacs-session-bootstrap-tweaks
>
> That part of the file is devoted to modify the session bootstrap
> process, that is, some things that are normally done very early. It
> mostly deals with the package infrastructure but also contains a couple
> of other tricks that some people may consider useful.

Pretty cool, I really like that!

Dave