all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNU Dismal is looking for a maintainer
@ 2013-05-30 21:41 Brandon Invergo
From: Brandon Invergo @ 2013-05-30 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone,

GNU Dismal ("Dis Mode Ain't Lotus"), a spreadsheet mode for Emacs, is
looking for a maintainer. If you're interested, please take
a look at the general information about GNU packages and being a GNU
maintainer [1], and then email maintainers@gnu.org with a bit about your
background and particular interest in Dismal.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Brandon Invergo

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html#whatmeans

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 489 bytes --]

* Re: GNU Dismal is looking for a maintainer
       [not found] <mailman.730.1369952368.22516.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-05-31  7:27 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-05-31  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Brandon,

Brandon Invergo wrote:
> GNU Dismal ("Dis Mode Ain't Lotus"), a spreadsheet mode for Emacs, is
> looking for a maintainer. If you're interested, please take
> a look at the general information about GNU packages and being a GNU
> maintainer [1], and then email maintainers-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org with a bit about your
> background and particular interest in Dismal.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!

It is difficult to understand what it really does without installing it and
playing with it, as there is no video of what it does, but I'm wondering: is
it close to what Org mode offers with its table (and formulas)?  Should they
somehow be merged?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: GNU Dismal is looking for a maintainer
@ 2013-05-31 17:28   ` Brandon Invergo
From: Brandon Invergo @ 2013-05-31 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs